Saturday, March 20, 2010

Line 6 DL4 Delay Pedal Reviews

So, I have heard a lot of people asking questions about the LINE 6 DL4 Delay and decide to pick one up a try it out myself. This pedal has been out for a while and has gotten some great reviews. It is hard to review pedals because sound is subjective and everyone has their own opinion of what "good" sounds like. I will give you my take on this delay pedal and hopefully, you will agree with my opinion. Let me know what you think of this pedal!

The Line 6 DL4 Digital pedal is easy to use, in my opinion, though it does have a lot of parameters that can be tweaked.  Each of the knobs on the pedal can greatly change the sound of the delay that you are getting from the pedal.  It definitely isn't just a plug in and it sounds great pedal - it will require a day or two of tweaking before you really get a feel for how good this pedal sounds.

This delay pedal is a great sounding pedal.  It has a wide variety of delays from digital, analog, a reverse delay, and everything in between.  The digital delays are exceptional, and I especially enjoy the stereo delay.  The analog sounds are fair, but like most other Line 6 units, they aren't quite dead on with the sound.  Overall, I would say this is one of the better sounding delay pedals for the money/amount of different delays.

I have heard a few complaints about the DL4 Delay not being to reliable; However, from my personal experience, it has been nothing but reliable.  I even dropped it once and it worked like a champ and didn't even scuff up.  The one thing that I would complain about is the battery use.  You really need to find an adapter to plug it in because this thing sucks up batteries.  

I would be willing to recommend this pedal to anyone.  As long as you are not looking for the best analog pedal in existence, then this pedal is perfect for you.  Of course, even if you are looking for the best analog pedal ever, I would still recommend picking one of these up.  Why?  Because you get a plethora a delays to chose from and it comes with 3 presets!  It also comes with a looper, while not the best, it is definitely a great thing to have. I know that this is kind of a general post about the pedal, but with so many parameters and things, it is hard to know what to talk about.  So, if you you have any other questions, feel free to ask!  And for just $250, you can pick up the LINE 6 DL4 Delay Pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment